FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:52 pm
MAYNARDS99

December 2013 Sixt Orlando rental

I just wanted to detail my experience with the Sixt location in Orlando, Florida. I made a prepaid one way reservation several months in advance for a luxury class vehicle (guaranteed to be a Mercedes-Benz E class). I'm familiar with this car due to rentals with Hertz at MCO.

The rate was very good, $69 per day with unlimited mileage. They save themselves money by not being located on airport property, however I still paid a 9% concession recoupment fee. That brings the actual rate to $75.21 per day, still a good value. Pickup was at the offsite MCO location, and drop off in Kissimmee, at the Ramada Plaza Hotel located on Irlo Bronson Highway.

I did not have to wait long for the shuttle, and the ride was quick. The shuttle itself was clean and fairly new. At the offsite counter the agent was quick to gather my paperwork, and did not try to sell any add ons. The car took several minutes to arrive, maybe ten or so. There was a huge number of cars in the lot.

The car was an unflattering nonmetallic white, and not the current model. It was a 2013, while the 2014 models had been out for over five months. Mileage was not too bad at 14K. There were MANY scuffs throughout the interior which made it seem that it was not properly detailed between hires. Two big negatives were that there was no moonroof, and VINYL seats! I felt like I was driving a taxi in Amsterdam, not a luxury vehicle.

Return in Kissimmee was very easy, although surprisingly they do not have a shuttle to Disney World. No problem, I had time, and was able to use the Lynx public bus system to return to Disney's Yacht Club resort.

I received good value for money, but I think next time I will pay Hertz's higher price for a better car with added convenience.