FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Peru trip (8 nights)
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:59 pm
BayAreaTraveler

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I read the other threads in this forum, but most trips seem to be much shorter and geared towards couples. I am a single guy traveling and I do not want to be bored in the evenings in some tiny hamlet.
Now I think about it, staying one night in AC could be enough. Or perhaps take the train back-and-forth from CUZ that gives me 6 hours at MP. Maybe a bit rushed though.
One night in AC will be enough otherwise you will be bored in some tiny hamlet. I did not find AC to be appealing at all so I would minimize/avoid the stay. When I went, I did a day trip and spent about 4-5 hours on MP. It was enough time for me to walk around the ruins. I didn't feel rushed but it was a packed day (early morning and late afternoon/evening train).

CUZ is the biggest city in the region so if you're looking for things to do that's probably where you'll want to be, though LIM is probably your best bet for nightlife. You might want to check out some discotecas. 8 nights seem quite a bit for just LIM/CUZ/MP unless you're doing the Inca Trail and there are many other sights/places in Peru besides LIM/MP... this coming from the perspective of a single guy.