FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parallel threads in Credit Card forum & program-specific forum
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:47 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
When you notice this, you might wish to "AMP" or otherwise notify the moderators. Most wikiposts I've come across are member-editable.

In the American AAdvantage (Pre-Merger) Forum, we have two different messages that we use to provide some clarity.

Wikipost instructions: signed in members can edit this post to update or correct, as well as minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post.
vs.

MODERATOR NOTE Signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post; moderators can edit.
We might go to another color for full differentiation.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OT, but IMO part of the problem is the existence of wikis set up by mods and closed for anyone else to add or edit the information, even though these wikis seem to have the same boilerplate about being maintained by/for the community. When I noticed this feature on FT, it certainly destroyed my enthusiasm for participating in wikis. This policy seems to contradict the message that participation is welcome.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 13, 2014 at 4:53 pm