FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parallel threads in Credit Card forum & program-specific forum
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:18 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JDiver
Ringing in as a member who has spent some time maintaining the FlyerGuide AA Wiki (here), and has started many wikis, I ha d high hopes, but I've been disappointed in how little community interest has been shown in maintaining these; in most instances, they sit there and do not get updated by the community, even if the topic is of high interest.

At that, I have included the following at the top of most of my wikiposts, so people will make no mistake as to their purpose:

Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post and can edit this Wikipost.

Seems to me, it's pretty unambiguous.

Just more grist for the mill, friends.
OT, but IMO part of the problem is the existence of wikis set up by mods and closed for anyone else to add or edit the information, even though these wikis seem to have the same boilerplate about being maintained by/for the community. When I noticed this feature on FT, it certainly destroyed my enthusiasm for participating in wikis. This policy seems to contradict the message that participation is welcome.