FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk {US-HI}
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:27 am
azepine00
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is Hale Koa parking still an option when staying at ES?

Originally Posted by iahphx
I highly recommend parking in the open-air "military" lot a block from the hotel (less than a 2 minute walk -- I've stayed in several Hawaiian hotels where the on-site parking was further!). It's currently $16/day tax-free for non-military personnel, with a 3 day minimum (check Hale Koa website for latest info). No real problem finding a spot close to the Embassy Suites. You do have to drive over to the Hale Koa hotel garage (2 blocks away) to pick up your electronic card when you begin your parking. They charge you a $10 deposit for the card, but it's refunded when you exit for the last time at the closer open-air lot. Unless you're unwilling to walk 2 minutes (and a stay in Waikiki seems to always involve some walking), or are particularly fond of valet parking, I think it's the most logical parking option for stays of 3 days or more. There are a few meter spaces nearby, but winning the lottery would seem to be more probable than conveniently using these spaces (I never saw one open). You can also park overnight at the nearby post office for $5, but since you need to move it by 6 am that seems like cruel and unusual punishment. $5 does cover you all day on Sunday at the PO if you happen to be arriving on a Saturday. There does seem to be another private lot up the street on Beachwalk that offers overnight parking, but I didn't investigate it due to the military lot option; maybe somebody staying fewer than 3 nights would want to given the $30 hotel valet fee, which I assume also has a nasty tax added to it.