Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Arrow Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk {US-HI}

I just picked up a copy of the 2005 Embassy Suites hotel directory. On the back cover it lists the hotels that will be opening soon. In the 2006 column it lists "Honolulu." Let's hope that it is not the vacation resort version in which you can not earn or cash in points.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 2:22 pm

Programs: United Premier Exec, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star
When will Hilton go to Maui????? Been to the Waikoloa and the Hawaiian Village, both nice properties.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 2:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Doubt it...

Originally Posted by loomis
I just picked up a copy of the 2005 Embassy Suites hotel directory. On the back cover it lists the hotels that will be opening soon. In the 2006 column it lists "Honolulu." Let's hope that it is not the vacation resort version in which you can not earn or cash in points.
I'm sure the people that run these properties know that the Embassy Suites in Maui does not participate in awards....they will probably follow suit. They once told me that "we give you points for staying though..." Well duh....why not? You can't turn them in to use them there so why would they care!

Argh....I really have issues with programs that call themselves a Hilton property but do not allow award stays.

Besides Maui Embassy, does anyone know offhand what the others are?? I think one is the cottages in Key West...but I know there are more.

Thanks.

Dawn
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
They once told me that "we give you points for staying though..." Well duh....why not?
According to:
http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/e...tyhocn=MAUHIES
and
http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/e...tyhocn=LIHPPES

"Embassy Vacation Resort Maui-Kaanapali Beach is a vacation ownership property with spacious condominium-style accommodations. Please allow us to clarify that this is *not* an Embassy Suites Hotel (and accordingly we *do not offer* complimentary breakfast, Manager's reception, or Hilton HHonors® points). The spectacular setting of the resort provides ideal access to year-round activities, shopping, dining, and outdoor adventures overlooking the blue Pacific on Kaanapali Beach."

...If you earned points, it seems quite contrary to these statements!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Here's a link to an article about the ES in Waikiki

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz13p.html

It does sound like this might be a real ES, with HH points tie-ins.

If you are familiar with Waikiki, the properties that are being converted are at the end of Lewers, near the Halekulani.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Here's a link to an article about the ES in Waikiki

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz13p.html

It does sound like this might be a real ES, with HH points tie-ins.

If you are familiar with Waikiki, the properties that are being converted are at the end of Lewers, near the Halekulani.
Thanks for the link. 421 suites. That is a good sized ES! Good to see that it is not the vacation ownership variety. Not too familiar with that area. Will it be oceanfront?
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:59 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by loomis
Thanks for the link. 421 suites. That is a good sized ES! Good to see that it is not the vacation ownership variety. Not too familiar with that area. Will it be oceanfront?
No, it's not oceanfront, but very close (less than a block).
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:54 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
Originally Posted by BumpMe!
According to:
and

"Embassy Vacation Resort Maui-Kaanapali Beach is a vacation ownership property with spacious condominium-style accommodations. Please allow us to clarify that this is *not* an Embassy Suites Hotel (and accordingly we *do not offer* complimentary breakfast, Manager's reception, or Hilton HHonors® points). The spectacular setting of the resort provides ideal access to year-round activities, shopping, dining, and outdoor adventures overlooking the blue Pacific on Kaanapali Beach."

The resort also does provide breakfast and a nightly manager's reception.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:46 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
That is what...

Originally Posted by BumpMe!
According to:
and

That is what someone said on the telephone a couple of years ago. Who knows....never stayed there so I do not have first hand experience.

If they did, they probably don't now.

Dawn
Old Apr 2, 2005, 8:50 pm

Location: D/FW- AA Plt Hilton Diamond NWA Silver Marriott Gold
I am sure all the cheap places to eat will not be back in that area though. But, it will be another option to the HHV
Old Apr 2, 2005, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
The greatest part of the ES location (something that the HHV or the DT doesn't have) is the proximity to the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and the main Kalakaua Ave portion that runs through Waikiki. As far as eateries, there are many good places to eat near Kalakaua, at most being a 15 minute stroll away from the ES. Plus, you could just cross the street for a drink at the Halekulani!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
the original Chuck's Steakhouse is gone

Originally Posted by slippahs
The greatest part of the ES location (something that the HHV or the DT doesn't have) is the proximity to the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and the main Kalakaua Ave portion that runs through Waikiki. As far as eateries, there are many good places to eat near Kalakaua, at most being a 15 minute stroll away from the ES. Plus, you could just cross the street for a drink at the Halekulani!
I walked by there last nite. looks like all the businesses and stores are now closed. Chucks is gone the old hotels are being gutted. I think embassy has their work cut out for them trying to convert vs building from new. imho they should level the old and start fresh. dont expect your typical ES when they finish. remember that old saying "you can't polish it" I have a feeling they will probably open as a hotel then start selling them off as timeshares.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 5:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
Try the Embassy Suites in Kauai, near Poipu on Shipwreck Beach. We much prefer Kauai to any other island. Maybe you will, too!

Originally Posted by tan70ri
When will Hilton go to Maui????? Been to the Waikoloa and the Hawaiian Village
Old Aug 14, 2005, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Press release from Outrigger

Another press release on this project. Looks to be done at the end of 2006.

http://outrigger.com/aboutus_pr_deta...release_id=285
Old Aug 14, 2005, 9:58 am
Original Member

The Embassy on Maui was originally an Embassy Suites hotel In the mid-late 90's it was decided to convert it gradually to an Embassy Vacation Resort (timeshare). It still isa combination of hotel and timeshare. Some floors are hotel; some floors are timeshare. At some point it should all be converted to timeshare. When this was begun, the "Embassy Vacation Resort" name was able to be purchased from Promus. After Hilton bought out Promus, I don't believe that they continued to sell the Embassy name for timeshare so don't expect to see any new locations in the future that re Embassy timeshare. I believe that there are only 5 Embassy Vacation Resort locations - Maui, Kauai, Orlando, Lake Tahoe & Scottsdale. The others are all timeshare. purpose built, not a conversion like Maui. The confusion in Maui seems to come from the conversion from hotel to timeshare..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.