FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:19 am
LwoodY2K

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Just was using the route as an example. If you were to do the LAX-DXB and then DXB-BKK-HKG, how can you get the BKK stop for ~23 hours?
Well first you'd need EK to fly at that interval. Inconveniently for you, they don't seem to be doing that.

Right now the timing I'm seeing through BKK on a LAX-DXB/DXB-HKG search on AS' site is arriving on EK370 at 1220am and then leaving at 145pm on EK384, which is 13h25m in BKK. It looks like there is only the 1 daily BKK-HKG flight but several DXB-BKK flights. For the day I was using (March 8th) the best timing option would be EK418 which arrives at 605pm (but I'm assuming it didn't have award availability the day I looked). I'll note that EK372 arrives at 640pm and is on the A380 rather than B777 that EK418 is on, if you prefer one vs. the other.

So in summary the best it looks like you can theoretically do right now is a 19h40m layover (subject to finding availability).