FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Changed to Day Early - Any Info?
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:34 pm
asu-ua772

Programs: UA, HA, CO
This will sound painful, but HA is under no obligation to compensate you for your other airline flight/hotel reservations.

In fact, this sounds similar to what happened a few months ago with travelers who booked HA's JFK-HNL flight and had separate airline tickets from XXX-JFK...then HA wound up reducing the frequency on JFK-HNL to 5x weekly (from daily) for the autumn low-season, causing issues for those who booked HA on the two days they weren't flying to/from JFK that autumn.

In your case the options you have for your HA flight(s) is that HA either:

a.) Allows you to make a free one-time change to your HA reservation for the affected flight(s) without change fees or fare difference being applied. Or

b.) Provides you a full refund of your entire HA reservation.

As an aside...I live near DCA, yet fly HA's JFK-HNL regularly and will usually book a separate DL/AA DCA-JFK flight (and vice versa) to "connect" to HA. I book the DL/AA ticket knowing full-well that if HA changes the time/date causing things to misalign with my other flight, I have to be prepared to "write off" the DL/AA ticket and get up to JFK (or back to DCA) a different way...even if it means having to spend the night in NYC.