FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Glitch caused a change to my traveler profile?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:48 pm
enki

Programs: AS 75k, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, National EE
Glitch caused a change to my traveler profile?

Well, it might not be a glitch, but I thought I'd mention it in case it was. Today as I was booking an award ticket on the website, I noticed that my birthdate showed as 3/28/XXXX, when my birthdate actually is 3/31/XXXX. It was immediately obvious - I almost always peruse the confirmation page to ensure that all my details are correct, and identifying your own birthdate is pretty easy. I'd accept that I missed it on the last couple of tickets I booked, but over the past 2 years I've booked somewhere around 30-40 tickets. I'm confident that I haven't missed it that many times.

The weird thing is that you can't just change this piece of info on your profile -- it requires verification. I called in to be sure, and in the end I just submitted a scan of my driver's license. I'm sure my situation will be taken care of, but since I'm not sure why this happened, I thought I'd share in case anyone else has seen this, or has overlooked it. Because of the confirmation required, I'm confident that I didn't make this change accidentally. I'm guessing it's a glitch, and I'm hoping I'm the only one impacted by this, but it can't hurt to check.