FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Specific GPU and RPU usage questions thread
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:14 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by matkusopet
Hi all,

I did some FT digging, but am still a little unclear about this issue. Anyway, I applied two GPUs on my PSP-LAX-JFK (the second leg being in PS), which is currently waitlisted, although the PSP-LAX component cleared immediately. Does UA consider PS BusinessFirst for the purposes of a GPU redeposit if the LAX-JFK segments don't clear, according to ua.com:

"In most cases, the Global Premier Upgrade will be considered used if any segment of an itinerary is upgraded or flown. However, for travel which includes segments in United BusinessFirst or United Global First, the Global Premier Upgrade will be re-deposited if the United BusinessFirst or United Global First segment(s) could not be upgraded."

I certainly wouldn't want to waste two good GPUs on just the first leg. So, do I pull the GPUs or will I get them back of the PS leg doesn't clear?

Thanks for your input!
ps is not yet sold as a BF route. So if I were you I would call and have the GPUs applied only to the transcon segments. You can then apply them to the PSP-LAX segments if/when the transcon clears.