FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "EWR-HNL (Seating, Meals, Service, etc.) Questions" Thread {Archive]
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:18 pm
redtop43

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
EWR-HNL Biz

I would like to ask some indulgence for a bit of hand-holding. I used to research and post actively, but have not been able to do so the past 6 months.

I would like to get a couple of Biz class award tix EWR-HNL for my parents. They have about 100K Chase points right now.

First, what are the best current offers for the MP credit card? I got one a couple years ago with a 50K offer for being logged in with my MP account with a non-zero balance, and 5K extra for adding an authorized user. Does this still apply? What is the best way to top up the point balance to what's needed?

Second, what is the mileage requirement? 80K or 100K?

Third, how can I identify the flights? When I went to the United site about a year ago, they seemed to have mileage requirements for three classes of service. Now they have only two. Which EWR-HNL flights have the sleeper seats?

Finally, what's the best strategy if any for getting the flights? They also used to have biz service IAH-HNL; do they still have that?

Unfortunately, I need a suggestion that does not include booking 355 days in advance or whatever. I don't mean to be overdramatic, but the doctors have told Mom not to buy green bananas. We're guessing she has 3-6 months tops that she'll be able to travel. I know it will take a couple months to get the credit card and push through the miles, so I have to get started soon. (I can meet any spend requirement quickly and easily.)

Thanks for the advice - obviously I've done a certain amount of my own research but I just don't know all the current info.