FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:26 pm
boerne

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I am thinking of getting a Toggle mobile number as I travel to the US a lot and having a local number there helps (I will likely pay the £5 per year to retain it).

A couple of questions:

1) I am mostly in CA and would prefer a 408 area code - is there a choice of area code?
2) If the caller id shows my UK number when I call them when I am in the US, and they then store it on their phone then it seems to me that unless they edit their contacts that they will be calling my UK number - is that correct? ie. they will not see my local US number unless I explicitly give it to them ?
I was not offered a choice of Area Code. Mine ended up as a New Jersey code, yuk. I agree with the comment upthread that AC doesn't matter much any more unless you are using a landline.

When I use the USA number in the USA I am on T Mobile and the receiving phone sees my USA number. To be safe I would txt your USA number to your friends and have them put that in their contacts.

Here is my post about my recent adventures with Toggle

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22001841-post153.html