FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Mosaic: Any way get small number of points without actually flying?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:09 am
bmg42000

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Mosaic challenge

Originally Posted by KwadGuy
I'd say sure: If someone was foolish enough to pay $1000 (on top of flying $4000 in the year) for Mosaic status...why not?

What does it get you? First boarding, 1 extra bag, speed line and (the only reason I am actually considering a $300 round trip to nowhere to qualify) no fee cancellation of fares. That's not all that amazing a perks package, compared to the competition. Probably not worth $1000 out of pocket to anyone...

I mean, they gave Mosaic free to a bunch of premier status flyers on other airlines earlier this year. It's not like they haven't reached out for valuable customers. I'd say that as someone who qualified for 2013 (> $5K) and someone who is $130 from qualifying for 2014, or more than $10K in two years, I'm probably worth as much, or more, to Jet Blue than one of those people.

But that's just how I see it. Obviously, they don't care that much.
The other frequent flyers had to complete a challenge to get mosaic. They did not get it for free.