FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newly Platinum, and somewhat disillusioned
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:08 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The hotel is ~20min from the airport. If you donīt want to fly to HAM, DUS is a good compromise (several flights to NA each day, very pleasant airport and only ~4h to HAM by car/train)

Yes, Iīve stayed at Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten ~4 times and always had a great time: The Lakeview suites are very nice, location couldnīt be any better and service was excellent (though you should be aware that the atmosphere is much more formal than at most Fairmonts - probably closer to the Savoy). Also, the breakfast buffet is the best Iīve had at any Fairmont. IIRC I posted a more detailed review in the master thread.
The Savoy's breakfast is a la carte, and our most expensive breakfast. The best breakfast buffet is the Mayakoba, as well as the best fine food( 2-4 Diamond restaurants).

The lakeview suite caught my attention in Hamburg. It was a low lying fruit I was hoping to take advantage of. The draw was the Autobahn to visit, but we had the pleasure kicking into year in Austria on the way to and for Salzburg. We would have needed between 3 to 5 nights, and the rates were more than reasonable.