FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Dec 24, 2013, 4:47 pm
Need

I just came back from a week stay there. We booked the resort view king room and got the Ocean Tower ocean view room. The room overlooking the golf course with partial ocean view. The room was actually better than I expect after reading all the reviews about old dated room. I don't feel the room is too dated except for the popcorn ceiling giving away its age. The room was comfortable but didn't really spend too much time in it anyway.

The Lagoon tower side seems to have better pools. There is no hot tub near the Ocean tower that I could find. Where in Lagoon tower, there were at least 2 I could see on the walk to the Luau and KPC. The Lagoon was really nice. The turtles would swim up next to the paddle boarders and follow them around. It was really cool and nice and swallow for kids to play. The slides at the pool near Palace tower were nice too, but the pool is 4ft deep so not as friendly to little kids.

The tram was nice if you catch it on time. If you just miss it, it takes about 24 minutes to make the trip back. I like the boats, but it only start at 2pm and I have no idea why. I really like the idea of the $10 food vouchers. I also got their 10% off food card. If you spend any time in the resort eating, it is a no brainer. For $26, you get back $20 vouchers and for $6 you get 10% off for the rest of your stay. You made the $6 back just for one meal.

Overall, it was a really nice stay. My kid begs us to come back here someday and stay at the same hotel.