FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:30 pm
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by price123
The standard suite is the 9th floor 2 room suite with balcony. There are also the lower floor suites which are more studio suites in style.

2 of the suites inside the Presidential Suite are classed as Regency Suites (apparently) - the other 2 are speciality suites.

I disagree that they don't give the better suites out - we received an executive suite on our first stay (first ever Hyatt stay), the Royal Suite on our second stay, the Saatchi Suite on 2 occasions and suites or executive suites on probably 80% of our stays. However, it may well be that the hotel regards return visitors as more valuable than diamond members (I remember talking to a fellow FTer in the lounge who was only platinum, but received a suite with club access on their second stay).

However, it depends on the time of year. During the summer, the hotel is near full occupancy and many of the suites are taken over for months at a time by families escaping the heat of the Middle East (with the 6 figure bills to match).

Prices are often absurd (although not as bad as IC Park Lane), but if under £300/night, reasonable value for London, at least as a diamond member.
We're hoping for maybe a bit nicer suite in May. It will be our second stay after 10 nights this past April. I think I'll try asking for 823 or any x23, since that seems what a lot of people recommend. We were not that impressed with the suite we had last year, but nor were we really disappointed. To be fair, we asked for a street-facing suite with a walk-in closet, and that is exactly what they gave us, although it was the smallest walk-in closet I've ever seen.

One big dissapointment for this next stay is that they no longer have AARP rates for the standard rooms, only from one rank up, so this next stay is really pushing our budget. I've holding out hope for a 'My Elite' rate after Jan 7, but there have been a lot of posts doubting that those rate will be widely offered. Maybe we'll take a gamble on a Advanced Payment rate.