FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honeymooning in Australia, Maldives, Sri Lanka, and Dubai (UA/EK/BA F, SQ J)
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:35 am
sfoactuary

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Lol on the Bee Chiang Hiang!

We make sure to always get some in transit in Singapore and have smuggled it in to Male numerous times to enjoy at the Conrad :P
Great minds think alike!

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Did they sort out the 7 am departure or they made you get on the 7 am departure?
We had to push hard, and the best they could do was a 9am scheduled departure which ended up being slightly delayed. With the time difference, that put us at MLE airport around 9:30am for our 3pm international flight. But I was able to negotiate free access to the lounge which at least made the 4+ hours tolerable.

If I recall from the hotel-specific thread, you had similar issues?

Originally Posted by bhamsan01
Great TR so far. Looking forward to exploring SYD and BNE in September. When exactly did you do this trip? Just curious since I'm going in September, during the "Spring."

Also, loving the Laduree!
Thanks, bhamsan01! We were there from November 10th-21st, so the summer weather was just starting, although we did catch a few days of rain in Sydney.

Originally Posted by dat4life
I feel your pain, sfoactuary. My trip to HKG in a couple went from a LH F experience to UA J. Apparently, the impending devaluation wasn't a good enough excuse. An extra day of shopping was a little more enticing than the FCT to the GF lol.

Looking forward to the rest!
Lol! I guess we both learned the hard way to just keep our mouths shut