FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same flight date, searched simultaneously, same fare class, 2 prices?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:32 am
Yanks08802

Programs: UA 1k
Same flight date, searched simultaneously, same fare class, 2 prices?

Here is a great data point on the "dynamic" pricing United uses.

I have been looking for a decent fare EWR- LAS for New Years for me and my family- fares have been high (yes, it's a holiday, I understand)

Got a promo email from United crowing about "Las Vegas is looking for you" etc etc.

Clicked the link on the promo email and found a $535 fare (pretty good for those dates.

I then opened up another window of United.com and searched other airports/dates to see if there might be some even better options. To my amazement, I happened to see the EXACT same flight, SAME fare class (searching simultaneously) was $64 more when just doing a regular search.

I understand special fare classes and promos, but have never seen the SAME FARE CLASS for the identical flight being offered at different prices. Is this a new tidbit of SHARES or is this normal?

The whole thing just makes me even more skeptical about United's transparency. Any thoughts or comments? I'd be curious to know if anyone has seen this before?

Screen shots here: