FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MERGER: US and AA Dec 9 2013 implications for AA flyers (new)
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:30 pm
austin_res

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by ashill
The strategy and logic behind it you very nicely outlined are certainly what I hope Parker will employ at AA. Based on US management's public comments, it was also what I expected before the DOJ files the lawsuit. However, the internal emails made public by the DOJ made it pretty clear to me that Parker in fact planned to run AA as HPdbaAA. I hope that either he meant what he said in public and not what he said in private (or that the private emails were taken out of context or otherwise not representative) or that he has changed his mind for whatever reason, making your version of the future right.
Or maybe this "US will adopt AA standard" statement is Parker telling people what they want to hear, to get them onboard his merger plans. While secretly intending to turn AA into USdbaAA, or HPdbaAA, and of course coming up with some excuse to justify his decision to change course. Hopefully I'm wrong, but until we see what happens in reality anything is possible.