FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Assignments
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:03 pm
rsteinmetz70112

Originally Posted by traveller001
One nice thing about Airtran was the ability to purchase those seats anytime after booking but still prior to T-24.

I suppose a penny-wise person might gamble and check shortly before T-48 and make a judgement prior to check-in.

The game though is changing with bookings on Southwest. Some likely see advance seat assignment for $10 preferable to the $12.50 EBCI which would auto assign seats.
"Penny Wise" implies "Pound Foolish". I'm not sure that is the case. If someone booked a WGA fare at $49 then the seat slection fee represents a 20% remium over eh cost of transprotation.

I have been monitoriung my flights for some time and generally see a lot of unassignied seats from T-24 until nearly flight time.

Anone willing to do so can do the same. If it looks like seat assignments are becoming scarce they can opt to spend the money to slect seats or they can tale a chance.

I freely admit I have no interest in this because I am able to select seats when I book a flight because I am A-List/Airtran Elite.