FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Gold Status -- Upgrade? Club Lounge?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:17 pm
BKKLEE
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I'm sure that when you check in and get an upgrade the first thing you do is check the # of available bookings to verify if the hotel was near fully booked or not.............if you don't then your post makes no sense at all.......

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Have to disagree with you on this. If people chimed in with past experiences where the hotel didn't upgrade even when at lower capacity, I might think there that there might be some level of evidence that they might not upgrade the OP on this reservation. Or if a number of people chimed in that they received great upgrades even when the hotel was virtually booked, it might show the hotel staff tries very hard to upgrade when ever possible. Or if others chimed in that by contacting the hotel management thet were able to get on the spot upgrades, it might be worth the OP to try that route. But the OP wouldn't know any of that without first asking if others had any experiences here. (

I might agree that there would be no guarantees, but to say there is there is no corelation at all, isn't completely true either.