FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:02 pm
Paladin

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Gold
Reached 1MM last week - after two years of no status (and maybe no posts on Flyertalk) I'm now Premier Gold for life. Its a good feeling. I used to fly almost every week and did end of year mileage and segment runs - premier exec for many years and ocassionaly 1K almost entirely from domestic flights. I went from 1K to Premier Exec to Premier to two years of no status and it took two years to fly the last 20K miles. I just don't travel much for work anymore and new corporate travel rules have me flying whatever is cheapest - which unfortunately has even included Spirit airlines.

Reached 1MM DFW to ORD in a tiny plane. I paid United some money and used some miles to upgrade myself to 2A - I guess my favorite seat on that plane. Without the upgrade I had been assigned the window seat in the last row!!

The flight was actually lovely - beautiful clear skies the entire flight, friendly flight attendent, took off and landed on time, B landing gate right next to the exits out of ORD. Oh - was also my first flight where we were allowed to keep on our electronics so I was able to listen to music on both take off and the landing.