FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Dialog 2013 event
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:34 am
N1003U

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
At the end of the day- it is their company to run and yet it is also our money to spend...

...The Dialog was certainly useful and I can say did not leave any doubts in my mind about what the company is doing and how they will do it.
Thanks and well said. Regardless of whether I like the decisions and strategic direction LH chooses to take, or whether they intend to react to my input or not, at least knowing what they plan to do has value to me.

LH has made it clear that their goal is to maximize revenue on TODAY's transaction (i.e., they are shifting to a transactional model).

In the future the individual customer relationship is going to be less important (not irrelevant, but certainly less important) than the ability to offer a competitive product at the point of sale, in a transparent, information-rich environment, where instant comparison of all the alternatives is possible.

In concept, it is not so stupid a strategy.

I am not thrilled about the implementation, and I believe LH is going to have a problem providing a decent value proposition that allows them to make money on the path they are currently on, but that is not my problem. The LH executives get paid to do that.

My problem is to find the best air travel alternative that meets my needs in terms of price and quality of service. The information exchange during The Dialog made solving my problem a bit easier.