FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEW $8.99 snack box - AVOID
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:47 pm
brocklee9000

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
I tried the Tapas on my Saturday evening flight, since only the premium snacks were available for selection. Here are pics of the box and its contents. I was at the bulkhead on an A320, so it was a little difficult fitting all the contents on the fold-out tray table (but that's not saying much, as those trays are pretty small to begin with).

I had the olives first, and wish I had found the small plastic spoon and moist towlette mentioned in the post above mine. I agree with an earlier sentiment that some of the food items are very very salty (mostly the olives and the bruschetta dip). I expected more from the lemon cookies, but was pretty disappointed; the taste was reminiscent of those animal cookies I used to have when I was a kid (you know, in the small cardboard box with the circus animal cages printed on the box?). My favorites were the dried apricots, and the pita chips with hummus dip. After I had eaten everything, I was packing away the wrappers in the box, when I saw the moist towlette and spoon under the napkins in the box. There was also a delectable square of dark chocolate that served as a nice palate cleanser.

All in all, I'm glad I saved my biscoffs for last. Although, after a very late arrival from BDL, literally running across the entire MSP airport (including the moving sidewalks connecting C and G), missing an upgrade by five or ten or twenty, and having no time to buy anything in the terminal (sprinting past the scanner and down the jetwawy, closest call I've had making a connection), it was satisfactory and at least quelled my mild hunger pangs.