FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few questions.
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:28 am
Ahmed777

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Smile A few questions.

Hello all.

I have a few questions for the professionals on EK:

1) I am a SkySurfers member. Now, I qualify for platinum (doing 145 000 miles this year). It doesn't seem as if we are allowed to move up to this tier. If so, why not?

2) I am currently "gold" (should be platinum). I have been Gold for two consecutive years now and still haven't received a card for it. Why not? Is this normal for a SkySurfer or should I query this? If so, how?

3) I am flying from DUR-JNB-JED this December. We will be staying in Swissotel for the first six nights. On the EK website, they claim that you earn 500 miles for "every eligible stay" there. Does this mean 500 miles per night (so 3000 in total), or just 500 for the total stay, regardless of the length of the stay? We are booked in a Junior Suite if that helps.

4) How do you claim the miles from this hotel stay? Can you do so at check-in or afterwards by filling out a form on the Ek website.

5) We have booked two Suites in the Swissotel. Will this allow me, the only Skywards member on the booking, take the miles for both rooms? Is this possible?

Thanks I know some knowledgable people here at EK are laughing at my silly questions!