FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 0 for my last 10 on pre-Check (AA)
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:43 am
aisleorwindow
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by ESpen36
It's probably the agency-generated PNRs instead of airline-generated.

Try booking some yourself on AA.com (or by calling AA) and see if your rate improves.
Unfortunately, I don't have that option. Although the last time I booked personal travel, I didn't get it either, but I just assumed that was because I was traveling with my wife, who doesn't have pre-check.

Originally Posted by nrr
Do your on-line check-in bps have the words "TSA pre-check", what about kiosk bps? [I was flying from ZRH (Zurich) to JFK and even that bp had "TSA pre-check" (and there is NO pre-check from ZRH to JFK).]
Have not tried kiosk BPs, but they don't show up on online BPs, and I had them reprinted at the airport and they still don't show up.

Originally Posted by Often1
It should not matter that you book through a TA, but it often does. Depending on how sophisticated the TA is and what they use for software, it's entirely possible that it is that fact which is causing the problem.

Call, do not email, AA and ask them to look at your last "failed" pre-check which was booked through the TA.
I tried this, and they said they couldn't do anything . They said they have no visibility into it at all.

Originally Posted by BeatCal
The reason is that it hit and miss via an airline program. If you go global, you have to have an FBI clearance and an interview with customs and can have no previous arrests, etc on your record. If cleared for global, you get a trusted traveler number and you almost always get prechecked. If you have the AmEx plat card, I believe they pay for global so it is a good deal.
Unfortunately, I can't get Global Entry either. I've tried.

I may just be royally screwed.