FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:16 am
JJonahJ

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Well.. That's what my wife received as well. Its a coincidence that a bunch of us gets 3 x 10K. Perhaps that is indeed the way AE points are awarded on the Aeroplan Gold card? Just putting it out there, because it seems odd a bunch of us is getting awarded 3 x 10K? But my wife received 5K, plus the 3 x 10K.
Ok, so it's back to confusion and an indeterminate state. Not really confirmed that the 30,000 signup promo points have been awarded to anyone yet, because we don't know if those 3x10,000 were from referrals vs signup bonus.

Ancien, you said your wife got 3x10,000 PLUS an initial 5,000? That doesn't make sense since the promo is for 30K, not 35K. So, could you review Mrs. Ancien's AMEX statement again (not Aeroplan.com) and let us know if the 3x10,000 are bonus vs referral points.

I'm going to assume they are indeed bonus points as you alluded to, because based on my AMEX statements, all of my referral points have been one lump sum. So for example when I read my statements, after 5 referrals I see a single line stating 50,000 points for "Referral Bonus", and not 5x10,000. And my initial 5K signup points are labeled as "Bonus miles", like this:

50,000 - Referral Bonus (does not show as 5 x 10,000)
5,000 - Bonus miles

Anyway, do the community a favour, and just have a glance at Mrs. A's statement and report back here at your next convenience, to let us know how those 3x10K are labelled, thanks!