FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:04 am
RockinRon

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RockinRon
I flew one of these last night SFO-CLE and totally agree it was miserable. I too sat in the exit row and the seat was BRUTAL. I usually sleep like a rock, especially on red eyes, but not today. My butt still aches and I got off the plane almost 6 hours ago. Valuable lesson learned - avoid these planes as much as I do RJ 135 and 145s. I can only hope I get a survey for this segment.

Totally unrelated to the seats, but the aircraft was so hot I and the people around me were sweating. We asked the FAs to turn down the heat but it didn't seem to help much. Coupled with aggressive, noisy FAs, this is one of the worst flights with UA I've ever been on.
I flew 19 hours this weekend on a 777 (804 SIN-NRT-IAD) in seat 24H and was not as sore as I was from the 4 hour flight on these hell birds. Not to be overly dramatic but I thought of that a few times while I was flying. Looking at future reservations I see I need change some reward travel away from these planes.