FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MileagePlus Award and Upgrade Policies - Eff. 3-Feb-2014
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:04 pm
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

The argument's not about you- it's how people book. And yes, a lot of people don't want extra segments just for the sake of spending time in a pressurized aluminum tube- they quite possibly want to go to Europe (hugely popular overseas destination from the US).
Really? so why is this thread full of people who are originating in the USA, yet flying via YYZ to Europe. Its not for our beautiful facilities in YYZ. Its because this is an opportunity to do something that is not always available, and timely, just before a giant devaluation of points. By your logic, why wouldnt they simply take a non-stop flight to Europe?

I only booked one one-way ticket. Need to get home from Asia from a vacation in August. Worked out perfect.

Whatever people booked, 1000+ people did jump on it in two days, because it was LH F - and have decided to take an extra stop, and detour via Canada to do so.

I do understand your point though - if I was stuck flying for work 100k+ a year, and worse, doing so domestically in the USA - I'd be a pretty grumpy flyer too.