FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MileagePlus Award and Upgrade Policies - Eff. 3-Feb-2014
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:04 am
CoMooter

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Originally Posted by penner42
Pretty sure GUWonder meant that because they're not aware of FT, they don't know the devaluation is going to hit. Right now, they know it costs 100k miles roundtrip US to Europe on any *A partner in J. Until they get an official communication from UA, they'll believe that. When is that announcement going to come? Already lots of saver seats have been taken by FT members because of the "advance notice" they got, so regular frequent flyers - who are well aware of the MP program - have less availability to choose from.
I passed to a couple of colleagues of mine already this week (most of whom have huge MP balances in their accounts) that this had occurred. Nobody had any idea of this coming. I just went on to COdbaUA.com to see where this was announced and the only way to find out about it is to go into the award charts - unbelievable. Before that - nothing.

It is quite obvious they are trying to sneak this one in with as little as possible 'announcement' to the masses - much like DL did earlier this year - while still be able to state that this was 'public notice' back in November when the complaints start on 2/1/15.