FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MileagePlus Award and Upgrade Policies - Eff. 3-Feb-2014
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:06 pm
penner42

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
How do you notice a change if you were never aware of the existing program in the first place?

Many programs used to have better redemption rates before I was aware of them. (even programs I had points in!)

On Feb 1 2014, somebody who has heretofore never taken advantage of UA MP, will look at their miles and the award chart and say wow! look at the flights I can get for nothing for my xxxx miles!
Pretty sure GUWonder meant that because they're not aware of FT, they don't know the devaluation is going to hit. Right now, they know it costs 100k miles roundtrip US to Europe on any *A partner in J. Until they get an official communication from UA, they'll believe that. When is that announcement going to come? Already lots of saver seats have been taken by FT members because of the "advance notice" they got, so regular frequent flyers - who are well aware of the MP program - have less availability to choose from.