FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Aeromexico award with Flying Blue
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:07 pm
glu800

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Booking Aeromexico award with Flying Blue

I'm having a really frustrating time trying to book an Aeromexico award seat using Flying Blue. Here are the issues I ran into:

1) Checked on the FB website and saw there was availability for the flights I wanted (SFO-CUN via MEX). Tried to book the round-trip online and got a "technical error" every single time I tried. Funny thing is, when I try to book each individual segment, it seems to work (though I didn't go all the way to payment).

2) Called into FB and each of the agents I spoke with says he/she can see the award seats. But when they try to grab it, Aeromexico isn't letting them. I even had one agent call Aeromexico while I waited, and he returned saying there's nothing they can do.

3) I checked Delta's award search and can see the exact same availability. I even booked it completely online, but I canceled it within 24 hours because I would rather use my FB miles (35k vs. 25k). I called into Delta and they even verified the Aeromexico seats are available (X).

Does anyone know why FB cannot book these Aeromexico seats?? I'm pulling out my hair and going a little crazy after trying for 2 days. I appreciate any help!