Booking Aeromexico award with Flying Blue

Old Nov 4, 13, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, VX, WN, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Booking Aeromexico award with Flying Blue

I'm having a really frustrating time trying to book an Aeromexico award seat using Flying Blue. Here are the issues I ran into:

1) Checked on the FB website and saw there was availability for the flights I wanted (SFO-CUN via MEX). Tried to book the round-trip online and got a "technical error" every single time I tried. Funny thing is, when I try to book each individual segment, it seems to work (though I didn't go all the way to payment).

2) Called into FB and each of the agents I spoke with says he/she can see the award seats. But when they try to grab it, Aeromexico isn't letting them. I even had one agent call Aeromexico while I waited, and he returned saying there's nothing they can do.

3) I checked Delta's award search and can see the exact same availability. I even booked it completely online, but I canceled it within 24 hours because I would rather use my FB miles (35k vs. 25k). I called into Delta and they even verified the Aeromexico seats are available (X).

Does anyone know why FB cannot book these Aeromexico seats?? I'm pulling out my hair and going a little crazy after trying for 2 days. I appreciate any help!
Old Nov 4, 13, 9:34 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by glu800 View Post
2) Called into FB and each of the agents I spoke with says he/she can see the award seats. But when they try to grab it, Aeromexico isn't letting them. I even had one agent call Aeromexico while I waited, and he returned saying there's nothing they can do.
AM had recently changed its Award Booking Classes, so make sure that the FB Agent is using the correct one: http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AM

Otherwise, ask the Agent to contact the SkyTeam Helpdesk for assistance.
Old Nov 4, 13, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, VX, WN, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
AM had recently changed its Award Booking Classes, so make sure that the FB Agent is using the correct one: http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AM

Ohh that's interesting. Ok, I will have to call in in the morning and see what they say. Thanks for the info!
Old Nov 5, 13, 12:45 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by glu800 View Post
Ohh that's interesting. Ok, I will have to call in in the morning and see what they say. Thanks for the info!
I don't know about the new tool, but I almost made the same flights AMS - MEX - CUN and had the same error. It showed up in the tool, but wasn't able to book. FB agents couldn't book the award as well. The tool can give the option, even though only on the main route availability for FB miles is accurate.

My FB agents only solution was book AMS - MEX by award and pay the rest...pfff well I didn't do that ofcourse!

Good luck!
Old Nov 5, 13, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS View Post

Ok, I called in this morning and asked about the Award Booking Class, and indeed they seem to be seeing the correct one (X). For some reason, they just say that every time they try to grab the seat, Aeromexico isn't letting them.

At this time, I can still book the award ticket on Delta.com, and it is showing as available on the FB website as well (but will error out when I try to book).
Old Nov 10, 13, 9:48 pm

ahh i'm having the same problem as well with AM (same thing w/ the call center, too.)

i've also tried book AR flights but there's a different error on the site ("technical error" once i choose the flight, not going through all the way to the personal info like with AM), and the call center agents are not seeing those flights as well.

sigh.
Old Nov 13, 13, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by jonk View Post
ahh i'm having the same problem as well with AM (same thing w/ the call center, too.)

i've also tried book AR flights but there's a different error on the site ("technical error" once i choose the flight, not going through all the way to the personal info like with AM), and the call center agents are not seeing those flights as well.

sigh.
I wonder if these tix would go through using AS miles, as they seem to show the flights "nicely" on their website. Question is if it would go through all the way. Anybody try? May need to make one of these bookings as well (EZE-SFO via MEX), but dont have enough AS miles yet.
Old Nov 15, 13, 7:45 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/SPG Gold/Club Carlson Gold
I just ran into this exact same issue after transferring 25k MR points to Air France to book IAD-MEX. Availability shows wide open on their website for all the Aeromexico and Delta flights, but then when I tried to book, the website kept coming back saying the seats weren't available but then showed the exact same availability.

Then I called in this morning and the agent said he couldn't get any seats from Aeromexico at all. Even some of the Delta seats that were showing on the website as available he couldn't get.

The worst part is when he did the taxes and fees it was $370 instead of the $105 that it showed on the website.

Any ideas would be appreciated as I need to book these flights soon. I'll probably try and give a call back later, but it seems there's something bigger going on either with AF's website or with their partners.
Old Nov 15, 13, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Majikow View Post
Any ideas would be appreciated as I need to book these flights soon. I'll probably try and give a call back later, but it seems there's something bigger going on either with AF's website or with their partners.
for what it's worth i finally got a great phone agent who was able to ticket my Aerolineas Argentinas flights despite the two other agents not being able to. the taxes were higher on one of them vs what was said on the website (like $45 vs. $10) but at least he was able to waive the phone booking fee because the website was broken (mention this!).

good luck with the Aeromexico flights!
Old Nov 20, 13, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/SPG Gold/Club Carlson Gold
Finally got it booked. The agent said they were having issues with their system and Aeromexico for a while. He was actually able to book it with no issues over the phone and waived the phone fee for me.

So try again today if you were having issues before.
Old Aug 21, 15, 9:19 am

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
I try to book AM flights with Flying Blue.

I checked the availability on Delta and Alaska and there are a lot of seat available in X an O class. When I call Flying Blue or look online... There is nothing available on the route between GDL-MEX for example.

What can be the problem in this situation. Blocked seats for Flying Blue or a mistake?
Old Jun 10, 17, 9:13 pm

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
The problem seems to persist. Technical error shows when trying to book award seats on AeroMexico with Flying Blue miles through website. Call centre is able to make the booking.

However, recently I've only been able to find business class availability on AeroMexico flights, no matter what route (I have not checked transatlantic), and regardless of whether I check through Flying Blue or Delta SkyMiles. AM is not releasing award economy seats.
Old Mar 18, 19, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K
so are AM awards still only bookable by calling FB?