FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:38 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs down doesn't work in Palm Springs, CA becaue third-party sites uses "standard room" games

In Palm Springs, CA, there's a Catch 22:

The BW Palm Springs (as well as some hotels in other chains in the area) show low prices on other sites, but only with a "standard" or "double (family plan) run of the house" rate. These discount third-party rates are based on the number of people (1, 2, 3, or 4), not the number or type of beds. The BW site doesn't have these rates, only rates for specific rooms. No matter what room you book on BW, the BRG gets denied because "the other site doesn't show a specific room type". I argued that every room at the BW site is exactly the same price, but no go.

And these same goofy per-person rates I see on lots of the third-party sites. So it's clear to me that the hotel is intentionally making up these third-party only rates (that don't match BW.com rates) so that it won't get hit with BRGs.

So I'm not staying at BW there (already cancelled my rez), I'll choose another brand that doesn't play these games.

(This was my first attempt at BW BRG, after lots of success with Marriott's LNF.)