FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks United - Positive Experiences in the air and on the ground 2013
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:18 am
GBadger

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Big thumbs up to the crew on DEN-SNA yesterday afternoon. I had booked a tight connection (DEN-SNA-SFO, with 27 min to make the connection at SNA). I figured, it's a small airport so the trip from one gate to the other will be easy, and if something's going to go wrong, I'll likely know about it before I get on the plane at DEN. Well, everything was going great until we lost the APU during pushback. That resulted in a +/-30 minute delay, and we were now scheduled to land at SNA about 5 minutes after my SFO flight was supposed to leave.

Anyway, long story short, the lead FA took down my flight info once in the air, relayed it to the cockpit, who sent an ACARS message to SNA to let them know that I was on my way. Got to SNA, and the SFO flight was fortunately still boarding. Not sure what would have happened if they'd completed boarding, but I'd like to think that they would have held the flight for 5 minutes to allow me to catch the last flight of the evening to SFO.

Great work, and thank you!