FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:36 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Sorry to bother you, but I have one question about Swiss First. I might have seen a thread regarding this before, but can not find it now.

I booked a flight in LX F at the beginning of this year, was told there was no window seat available on the particular flight. I checked it online, I did not even see any seats on both window sides, i.e. as if there had not been any window seats on the aircraft. I rang the CS, they said the same thing, no window seats were available.

Then I realised now I could see these window seats as "occupied". I rang the CS and was told they were all taken. I was also told if I had requested for a window seat when I booked it in Jan/Feb, I could have got a window seat??? I was just gobsmacked

When I booked the flight, all the four non-window seats were available. It's hard to believe four people booked the particular flight and took all window seats by the time when I made the booking. In fact, the CS told I could have got a window seat in Jan/Feb.

I am now wait listed for 1A, but obviously HONs & Senators will be prioritised. I was Senator at the time of booking, but now been downgraded.

Does Swiss always block F window seats like this? This seems pretty unfair. I am not quite happy, in particular the journey time is over 12 hours...
There are a few threads in the Swiss sub-forum on this topic, e.g.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...iss-first.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...a-2k-lx-f.html

The best chance of getting one of the window seats is to call Swiss in Basel. As you will see from the threads there are so many conflicting reports it's hard to say if there is any policy.