FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MileagePlus Award and Upgrade Policies - Eff. 3-Feb-2014
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:24 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hiltonlondon2009
It's very easy to blame united here. And yes, some of the numbers are downright ridiculous so United absolutely take some blame.

However, there is an entire forum devoted to Manufactured Spending. The sole purpose of which is to educate people to put 10s of 1000s of dollars on their CC simply so they can fly F for free. No bleeping crap they did this. Whitecollar, legal swindling, that is. If I ran a company, I would do everything in my power to offset the float of miles that forum is creating.

You're telling me they - united - THEY gutted the program??? Please, look towards your FT cohort and point part of your finger at them. And yourselves.

And please, before you begin, I know not all of us engage in manufactured spending. But there are a motherload of folks on here that do.

And hey, if you're really upset, yeah, keep posting on FT. The internet protest generation. Do something substantive. Move spend to AA, cancel your CC. Or, you know, we're on page 39 now. You can aim for 200 and maybe that will make you happier?
Chase pays UA for each and every mile that it doles out... only around .5 cpm as far as we can tell, but that is still easy revenue for UA, especially since many miles are never redeemed. UA is free to turn off this faucet any time it pleases.