FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Dispute Resolution - Tips and Tales [Consolidated]
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:13 pm
jatink129

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by Happy
Rome is one of the worst European cities where it is full of low life scumbags.
I love Rome dearly.
But sadly I have to agree with this.

My girlfriend and I went to a restaurant and we ordered a seafood dish and some pizza. The guy kept asking us something in Italian and we kept telling him that we don't understand what he's saying.
Finally I told him, that I did NOT want what he was trying to sell...all I wanted was what was in the menu for the same cost as it said there.

Well, he brought back a nice pizza, and the most extravagant looking seafood platter I have ever seen. It was enormous! I thought to myself that there's no way in hell this costs 20 euros.
So I call him back and ask him how much it is, and he says 180 Euros!!!!!!

We spent close to 20 minutes arguing there, and finally just walked out.
He followed us and began shouting out and everyone began staring...And that was that.
Definitely not a pleasant encounter.

Though, because it was winter, there was hardly anybody there. And since I hate other tourists that's just the way I liked it.
From what I'm told, the place is filled to the brim with scammers in the summer.

Errr...OP, coming back to the point, NEVER give your CC to anyone, especially not in cities renowned for pulling scams.