FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MileagePlus Award and Upgrade Policies - Eff. 3-Feb-2014
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:54 am
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by Kacee
+1
DL just had a $1.2 billion dollar quarterly profit, skypesos notwithstanding.

Very few pax choose an airline based on frequent flyer redemption charts.
PAX who have choices (i.e. not hub captive) will consider price, schedule, routing, service. DL tends to win on all of those. Even out of SFO, I see them offering lots of good routings and often attractive P/Z fares in J, many times 40% lower than UA.

After the destruction that $mi$ek has brought upon UA, the MP program was the one and only shining light. The singular thing he has not yet destroyed. In every other respect, UA has become an abomination.

I think this will make a big difference. In the past, there was one remaining reason to stay with UA: The MP program. Now, that reason is gone.

Originally Posted by lingzhou
fare to asia increase a lot, damn, time to change
The Asian increases, particularly SE Asia are the most striking to me.

As usual, these people can't get their heads out of Texas. It seems this chart was built on the assumption that everyone lives in EWR or IAH.

From SFO, this seems outrageously punitive.

Originally Posted by milevalue
Overall: Horrible with capital "H"

3. I think the notice is fare. We get four months to book up to 11 months out. You can fly through 2014 at the good prices.

Again, overall pretty horrible.
Nonsense. Saver inventory is highly restricted. Now, they'll probably restrict it further. Combine that with everyone trying to book before Feb 1? There will be no saver inventory 11 months out before Feb 1. This is a bloodbath. They've taken away a significant amount of what was earned and promised. Something they have become quite adept at. All the while, saying it's flyer friendly???

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 1, 2013 at 5:28 am Reason: merge