View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:43 pm
vincentb89

Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Thank you Kage, great article.

Speaking about food in this area, we had dinner once at "l'atelier" in Biarritz
Went there only because of their michelin star
it was disappointing
One of the reason is the size of the dish are the same SMALL size for the 6 - 8 dishes tasting menu than "à la carte"
Usually à la carte are full size dish and tasting menu are smaller portion.

Also it's the only restaurant I have been where they don't serve coke nor pepsi nor cola. Welcome to the twilight zone .....

Does anyone know any restaurant in the "modern world" with no coke / pepsi ?

The food itself is good (not very good but good). I love the fish (again small but well cooked)
The desert looks like a Picasso painting (in other word not very organized, sorry Pablo) and their signature "green curry" desert was not to my taste.

The service was so so.

l'atelier was fun : I called at 9 am, spoke with someone and book a table for the same saturday evening, done / confirmed.
They called me at 10 am to ask me if I'll come tonight..

Brindos was also fun in their way : when I called them I had to wait 10 rings before they picked up the phone. Was wondering if I had the right number.

The big question that I often ask myself after a new hotel stay or restaurant is will I come back ?
The majority of the time the reply is no. L'atelier & brindos are parts of the majority

Seems that I become old now as I want to stick with the same places over and over
As long as you enjoyed l'hotel du Parc Victoria, it's fine . I like the private estate feel !