FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Next BA Flyertalk DOs! Hong Kong 15 Nov and Leeds 06 Dec
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:55 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Next BA Flyertalk DOs! Hong Kong 15 Nov and Leeds 06 Dec

FT DOs are great occasions where the good and not so good of Flyertalk can come together to say hello and have a drink or two together. I've been to quite a few and they are always most enjoyable. I don't think I've met anyone who regrets going to a DO. Most of the chat is about flying experiences, sometimes the subject matter goes over to some of the more interesting threads in this forum. Sometimes we have events (including Concorde!), sometimes we have a fun quiz (with prizes!). So no matter what your perspective I think most people in this forum will have a good time. Plus Ones, Twos and Whatevers are most welcome too.

Now it has been a while since we last had a DO, and with Christmas hurtling towards us like a iPad brandishing CSD, I think it's time to get some ideas.

1) Hong Kong Friday 15 November
Some time ago I suggested that we could hold a DO in Wanchai, Hong Kong, on Friday 15 November at say 18:30 hrs in Delaney's. Original thread is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ertalk-do.html though a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then, so I think we best start afresh.

1a) Is anyone interested in coming along? If I get 2 other names then it's on! I'll find someway of getting the Ferrero Rocher lined up, by way of bribe. Please make a post below if you can do this, or by all means PM me if you prefer. It will just be a casual, friendly drink or two, I wasn't proposing to arrange food, though that's not difficult to sort out locally.

2) Leeds, UK. 6 December 2013 DO.
Probably of greater interest to more people. Now I am just touting for ideas at this point, suggestions absolutely welcome!

2a) Possible Venues (just a stream of consciousness at this point):
Leeds? [now confirmed]
York?
Birmingham? (Why? Because it's the 17th biggest city in Europe and we've never done anything there!)
Terminal 5? (Though we had a do nearby and not so long ago)
Gatwick Airport North Terminal?

2b) Dates
Again just some suggestions:
Friday 6 December? [now confirmed]
Friday 13 December ?!
Thursday 19 December?

2c) What thoughts, ideas, suggestions do you have? Over to you!

Hat tip to PETER01 for his occasional nudges!

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 4, 2013 at 5:49 am