FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New OS destination: Newark EWR
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:30 am
N1003U

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I did a OS-DL connection in JFK once. Never again. Its terrible. OS' agent in T1 knows they can accept luggage, but clearly tells you its at your own risk, and does so in a very NY way. Maybe DL has improved significantly in their move to T4, but getting to the Pan Am Worldport then was an 'experience' too. NW in T4 was no better, hence I'm skeptical.

How the transfer to B6 in T5 is, I don't know. LH NYC sales and JFK ST worked hard to make that possible, maybe its a bit nicer.
It is possible to get from T1 (LH) to T5 (B6) via the SkyTrain without being exposed to the weather. No better or worse than transferring terminals in EWR, IME.

I used to walk from T1 to T2 (it's only about 150m) and use the DL premium check-in and security line, and the experience, while not optimal, was tolerable, and there are some good onward connections with DL.

I suppose if one is without status on SkyTeam, the experience of transferring from LH Group to DL at JFK is somewhat different... A T1 to T4/T5 shouldn't be any different, except that T4 is one stop closer than T5 on the SkyTrain. I am not NY-based anymore, but I do use T4 once in a while when flying SQ or OZ ex-JFK, and I sometimes arrive on a DL feeder flight. When one has status on both carriers, it is not so bad. DL is very good about interlining my bags as well.