FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring HA miles to Hilton HHonors
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:42 am
kdoughboy

I wonder if HA changed their procedure on this. After my extremely frustrating experience early this year (see my previous post in this thread), HA gave up calling me because I was never able to take their call, and so my request to transfer simply died. My miles sat in my HA account slowly creeping towards expiration. Eventually mine and my wife's HA credit cards came up for the annual fee, so we consolidated our remaining miles into my account and closed both cards. That left me with ~9700 miles in my account, which I topped off to over 10k with a purchase through the HawaiianMiles shopping portal. Well, I just called this morning to move those miles over to my HH account, and there was no mention of a follow-up call or anything. I checked on awardwallet and the miles were immediately removed from my account, so I'm hoping this means no ridiculous phone tag with the HA miles service center like I had last time.

If they eliminated the pointless follow up call, then that is a major improvement and gets a big ^ from me. I wonder if they did this after the extreme inefficiency of this requirement was most likely made plainly obvious in the flood of transfer requests following HH's announcement of their devaluation earlier this year?