FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone Manufacture with zero loss or even profit?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:18 am
cashback

Originally Posted by SR99
I love your argument. It's very logical. However, many people have difficulty on valuing their points. So they play safe. At least they know their points are free and it gives them peace of mind.

I just love my points. $200 doesn't make me exciting at all. But 20000 points make me feel good. I know I'm silly. I just love the points game. Counting my points is better than counting my $ because it's much larger and make me feel I'm rich with points. It's so difficult to get one million dollars and it's much easier to get one million points
I should have been more specific. You have to assign a value to your points based on what you redeem them for. You can't just say "I feel richer because 200,000 is bigger number than $200"

If you regularly fly airline X and can get a coach ticket for 25K that normally costs you $350, then your points are worth $.014 each. Obviously this will be different for everyone.