FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What next?
Thread: What next?
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:39 am
glassgow22

Originally Posted by midnightinharlem
I think most people reach this point after 1-2 years. Do you want miles/points in a lot of different programs (rather than just sticking to the ones you like)? If not, try to map out a plan for churning based on how long you need to be closed for, and go from there.
I don't mind having miles in lots of different programs, although I'm planning to primarily travel to Asia. Miles in programs like southwest and jetblue are not really going to help me so much. I'm focusing primarily on ultimate rewards, united, usairway, american airlines, SPG points, and to a certain extent membership reward points.

I'm trying to map out a plan for churning, but that means I have to cancel my amex business gold soon so I can get an amex business platinum (with hopefully 100,000 points) in a year. In another year, I can try again for another Citi personal and/or business.

I agree with pricesquire, finding a balance between maintaining a healthy balance and frequent business class trips to Asia is starting to get to be an issue. Maybe I should suck it up and fly economy, and stretch out the miles I do have...which is a little depressing after knowing what business class is like.