FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It Gets Better, Unless You're Fat
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:05 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm pretty sure you're exactly the type of person the article was talking about. Maybe I'm wrong but for me the miles and points aspect of Flyetralk is secondary to the spirit of community. I live in North Carolina among people who have Facebook names like First name GodFirst Last Name and who argue about how gay people cannot be preachers because they are going to Hell and don't live the entire bible. It's nice to be able to come here and discuss such issues with open minded people of a similar background to me.
I'm actually hardly skinny. I used to be even fatter. The solution was not Flyertalk.

There are plenty of Jesus-lovers on this website. And plenty of people who live in the South who don't blame everyone else for their problems. And you live in DURHAM for Christ's sake. Not some backwoods cabin where you have no one to talk to.

I don't know what you are referring to as "open minded people of a similar background" to you. Do you mean fat gay people? Fat gay people who like whining? Fat gay people who like points? If so, most of those communities have other places on the web.