FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:44 am
jerryhung

Originally Posted by Mgarner123
My friend just sent me a referral link for AMEX AP Gold. I signed up and it said on the site free for the year + 30k points after 500 spend and 10k for him.

When I signed up and was approved I spoke to the woman on the phone who told me that I will get 30k after my first spend and 5k after I spend 500 within 3 months

Has anyone heard of this?
Originally Posted by A310 Driver
Mgarner123,

What you describe is the reverse of what happened to Mrs A310 Driver. I referred her and she spent over $500 in the first month. Her first statement showed a bonus of 5000 points. She called Amex to ask where the other 25000 bonus points were and was told that the 5000 bonus points were for spending over $500 in the first 3 months and an additional 30000 sign up/referral bonus points should be posted on her next statement. This ties in with the offer small print which states 'Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus miles were earned for the bonus to be awarded.'

If the Amex agent is correct then signing up for Amex Aeroplan Gold through referral is an even better deal than advertised.
Same here, and most RFD'ers too

After spending $500+ before the statement date, we all got only 5K Aeroplan and not 30K (some people still don't see it on 2nd statement)
People do see REFERRAL bonuses correctly (10K or 15K for AeroPlat)

We can only wait, and hope AMEX fix it