FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - slower ticketing process ?
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:21 am
transportprof

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
LX slows ticketing down, adds uncertainty

Originally Posted by seanp7
Partner flight? I had an LX segment on an itinerary that resulted in 24 hour ticketing last week (and inability to apply GPU's to the UA segments until that point).
I'm in exactly the same limbo as this poster with a LX code share on my itinerary. I also want to use upgrades while the R space is available and called both SWISS and the 'Premier Line' at United to see about expediting the ticketing.

The only thing I'm certain about after spending more than an hour on the phone yesterday is that SWISS is more polite than United when it comes to blowing off customers.

My best guess from the UA agents (shifting) story is that my itinerary might ticket by itself at 24 hours, not because LX approves the code share space, but because they don't reject it. The chances of LX actually getting back to UA in 24 hours appear negligible. But I was also told, that these reservations often don't ticket and that there is a window between 24 hours and midnight of the day that the file was supposed to ticket when the processing can be done manually. If nothing happens during that window the whole reservation gets cancelled. What a system!