slower ticketing process ?

Old Oct 22, 13, 9:35 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NY
Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Posts: 4,023
slower ticketing process ?

Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Microsoft Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or email or print your itinerary.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but instead of minutes to ticket it has been taking hours to receive the e-ticket e-mail.
Is this a temporary anomoly or some sort of mechanism in place to control mistake fares (only speculating)
Clincher is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 10:00 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ICT
Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,330
Originally Posted by Clincher View Post
Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Microsoft Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or email or print your itinerary.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but instead of minutes to ticket it has been taking hours to receive the e-ticket e-mail.
Is this a temporary anomoly or some sort of mechanism in place to control mistake fares (only speculating)
Booked an intl ticket yesterday, was ticketed in less then 5 minutes.
mbarreto is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 10:03 am
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 48,712
I get an e-ticket receipt relatively immediately (from the same minute as the confirmation to 3-5 minutes).
Often1 is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 10:14 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern VA
Programs: United 1K
Posts: 55
I've been waiting 1 hour 36 minutes for a combined UA/LH economy award ticket to ticket.
jparrott is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 10:38 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: LAX
Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Posts: 1,447
Per 1K desk, ticketing talking longer than usual today. No explanation given.

Took 3+ for a domestic one way to ticket. Should also note that my reservations are ticketing out of order, as I have an earlier reservation from this morning that still has not ticketed.
KosherKimchee is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 10:42 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, FLL
Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTE, BA Bronze
Posts: 4,817
Originally Posted by Clincher View Post
Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Microsoft Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or email or print your itinerary.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but instead of minutes to ticket it has been taking hours to receive the e-ticket e-mail.
Is this a temporary anomoly or some sort of mechanism in place to control mistake fares (only speculating)
Partner flight? I had an LX segment on an itinerary that resulted in 24 hour ticketing last week (and inability to apply GPU's to the UA segments until that point).
seanp7 is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 10:50 am
  #7  
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 17,562
Originally Posted by mbarreto View Post
Booked an intl ticket yesterday, was ticketed in less then 5 minutes.
Booked an international too last night. The difference in the email confirmations was exactly five minutes (6:03 and 6:08).
iluv2fly is online now  
Old Oct 22, 13, 10:52 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: UA 1K,Marriott platinum,priorityclub platinum
Posts: 116
Booked a return trip IAH - MEL 1,5 hours ago and still not ticketed.
erwin123 is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 11:03 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ICT
Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,330
Originally Posted by iluv2fly View Post
Booked an international too last night. The difference in the email confirmations was exactly five minutes (6:03 and 6:08).
Just checked: exactly 5 minutes between both emails as well!

Including LH operated segment. Though it seems whenever there's a LX segment, it takes longer as the poster above said.
mbarreto is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 11:15 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,440
I bought two international tickets this am at 630am EST - neither have been ticketed. Not really bothered - glad to see there are delays so I don't have to add in a 30 minute call to my day for a process which should be relatively straight forward in 2013
adambrau is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 11:18 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DEN
Programs: UA MM 1K; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Posts: 15,616
3.5 hours so far on a domestic all-UA-metal RT. Never seen it this bad before.

Last edited by Bonehead; Oct 22, 13 at 12:13 pm Reason: Messed up the hyphenation of the complex adjective
Bonehead is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 11:21 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,355
LX slows ticketing down, adds uncertainty

Originally Posted by seanp7 View Post
Partner flight? I had an LX segment on an itinerary that resulted in 24 hour ticketing last week (and inability to apply GPU's to the UA segments until that point).
I'm in exactly the same limbo as this poster with a LX code share on my itinerary. I also want to use upgrades while the R space is available and called both SWISS and the 'Premier Line' at United to see about expediting the ticketing.

The only thing I'm certain about after spending more than an hour on the phone yesterday is that SWISS is more polite than United when it comes to blowing off customers.

My best guess from the UA agents (shifting) story is that my itinerary might ticket by itself at 24 hours, not because LX approves the code share space, but because they don't reject it. The chances of LX actually getting back to UA in 24 hours appear negligible. But I was also told, that these reservations often don't ticket and that there is a window between 24 hours and midnight of the day that the file was supposed to ticket when the processing can be done manually. If nothing happens during that window the whole reservation gets cancelled. What a system!
transportprof is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 11:56 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia and Vitoria, ES Brazil
Programs: Former 11 yr UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD Diamante, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Posts: 1,328
Not just LX. I made a reservation early this morning involving TAM and it still hasn't ticketed. Have done this in the past and usually it would ticket in 5 to 10 minutes.
qfrodo is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 12:02 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NYC or SEA depending on the week
Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Posts: 298
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
3.5 hours so far on a domestic all-UA metal RT. Never seen it this bad before.
I booked a domestic all UA metal ticket yesterday at 1:30 EST and didn't receive the e-ticket until 4:50 EST. I actually called at 4 because I was concerned and the guy didn't know what I meant by "ticketing" so I just kept waiting.
DErg is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 12:07 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,355
Originally Posted by DErg View Post
I booked a domestic all UA metal ticket yesterday at 1:30 EST and didn't receive the e-ticket until 4:50 EST. I actually called at 4 because I was concerned and the guy didn't know what I meant by "ticketing" so I just kept waiting.
I also got the distinct impression that the 'Premier line' agent didn't have a clear understanding of how the ticketing process worked - and was just filling the knowledge gap by making stuff up.

And when I spoke with LX reservations about the ticketing, per a suggestion from another FT thread, the first thing that they responded was 'Oh... United.....' Pretty apparent that UA is the slow cousin in *A.
transportprof is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: