Wiki Posts
Search

slower ticketing process ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
slower ticketing process ?

Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Microsoft Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or email or print your itinerary.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but instead of minutes to ticket it has been taking hours to receive the e-ticket e-mail.
Is this a temporary anomoly or some sort of mechanism in place to control mistake fares (only speculating)
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Clincher
Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Microsoft Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or email or print your itinerary.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but instead of minutes to ticket it has been taking hours to receive the e-ticket e-mail.
Is this a temporary anomoly or some sort of mechanism in place to control mistake fares (only speculating)
Booked an intl ticket yesterday, was ticketed in less then 5 minutes.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I get an e-ticket receipt relatively immediately (from the same minute as the confirmation to 3-5 minutes).
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: United 1K
I've been waiting 1 hour 36 minutes for a combined UA/LH economy award ticket to ticket.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Per 1K desk, ticketing talking longer than usual today. No explanation given.

Took 3+ for a domestic one way to ticket. Should also note that my reservations are ticketing out of order, as I have an earlier reservation from this morning that still has not ticketed.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Clincher

Partner flight? I had an LX segment on an itinerary that resulted in 24 hour ticketing last week (and inability to apply GPU's to the UA segments until that point).
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:50 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by mbarreto
Booked an intl ticket yesterday, was ticketed in less then 5 minutes.
Booked an international too last night. The difference in the email confirmations was exactly five minutes (6:03 and 6:08).
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K MM,Marriott platinum,ihg spire
Booked a return trip IAH - MEL 1,5 hours ago and still not ticketed.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Booked an international too last night. The difference in the email confirmations was exactly five minutes (6:03 and 6:08).
Just checked: exactly 5 minutes between both emails as well!

Including LH operated segment. Though it seems whenever there's a LX segment, it takes longer as the poster above said.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I bought two international tickets this am at 630am EST - neither have been ticketed. Not really bothered - glad to see there are delays so I don't have to add in a 30 minute call to my day for a process which should be relatively straight forward in 2013
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
3.5 hours so far on a domestic all-UA-metal RT. Never seen it this bad before.

Last edited by Bonehead; Oct 22, 2013 at 11:13 am Reason: Messed up the hyphenation of the complex adjective
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
LX slows ticketing down, adds uncertainty

Originally Posted by seanp7
Partner flight? I had an LX segment on an itinerary that resulted in 24 hour ticketing last week (and inability to apply GPU's to the UA segments until that point).
I'm in exactly the same limbo as this poster with a LX code share on my itinerary. I also want to use upgrades while the R space is available and called both SWISS and the 'Premier Line' at United to see about expediting the ticketing.

The only thing I'm certain about after spending more than an hour on the phone yesterday is that SWISS is more polite than United when it comes to blowing off customers.

My best guess from the UA agents (shifting) story is that my itinerary might ticket by itself at 24 hours, not because LX approves the code share space, but because they don't reject it. The chances of LX actually getting back to UA in 24 hours appear negligible. But I was also told, that these reservations often don't ticket and that there is a window between 24 hours and midnight of the day that the file was supposed to ticket when the processing can be done manually. If nothing happens during that window the whole reservation gets cancelled. What a system!
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Not just LX. I made a reservation early this morning involving TAM and it still hasn't ticketed. Have done this in the past and usually it would ticket in 5 to 10 minutes.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Bonehead
3.5 hours so far on a domestic all-UA metal RT. Never seen it this bad before.
I booked a domestic all UA metal ticket yesterday at 1:30 EST and didn't receive the e-ticket until 4:50 EST. I actually called at 4 because I was concerned and the guy didn't know what I meant by "ticketing" so I just kept waiting.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DErg
I booked a domestic all UA metal ticket yesterday at 1:30 EST and didn't receive the e-ticket until 4:50 EST. I actually called at 4 because I was concerned and the guy didn't know what I meant by "ticketing" so I just kept waiting.
I also got the distinct impression that the 'Premier line' agent didn't have a clear understanding of how the ticketing process worked - and was just filling the knowledge gap by making stuff up.

And when I spoke with LX reservations about the ticketing, per a suggestion from another FT thread, the first thing that they responded was 'Oh... United.....' Pretty apparent that UA is the slow cousin in *A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.