FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SCORE ONE for the good guys! I stopped the GA from giving my UG to a non rev.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:00 am
NWA777

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
Originally Posted by lucycan
Forgive me but I'm a bit lost here. This thread is saying its common for the GA to give upgrades to stand by employees rather than the folks on the upgrade list? And you would know this only by the fact that you are, say first on the list with 1 or 2 seats left and then you don't clear? Thanks!
I've seen this. I saw this 2 weeks ago on my way to SEA. I'm Gold Med sitting in EC. I saw this Flight Attendant sit in 1st Class. She had on a DL uniform. I didn't complain.

I was also told that once you board the aircraft, you'll lose out on the possibility of being upgraded. But, I saw the other day in DTW the GA went on the PA and announce a name and seat number. If you are on the aircraft ring bell or come foreword. They rang the bell. They then went to 1st class. and the woman who sat next to me states she was on Standby.

I see it as some GA don't know what the rules are. I don't even know the policy. I've been given and seen conflicting UGs going on.